Last night I made a great dinner! I know I’m due for a kitchen catastrophe soon because I’ve been having a lot of luck lately…
This was a GREAT recipe for Passover. Apparently quinoa has stirred some debate this year regarding whether or not it’s kosher for passover. Here’s a article from the NYTimes about it: Is Quinoa Kosher for Passover?
Ground Turkey Quinoa Skillet
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- .5 cup chopped onion
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 4-oz. can chopped chilies - I used half of the can
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1.5 cup water
- 1.5 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Brown ground beef and onion in a large skillet
- Rinse quinoa in sieve/colander.
- Add tomatoes, chilies, quinoa, water and spices to ground beef mixture and simmer (uncovered) for about 25 minutes. (If water evaporates too quickly, cover pan for remainder of cooking time.)
- Serve Mexican Ground Beef Quinoa Skillet.
I also made a side of asparagus. The asparagus went on a cookie sheet. It was drizzled with EVOO, Balsamic Vinegar, honey, S/P.
and we had a side of wine…
For dessert I had like half a lb of strawberries and honeydew drizzled with Hershey’s syrup…
Andrew and I were discussing the health benefits to honeydew. I wasn’t sure if there actually were any because it is so sugary and not very vibrant. Well I was wrong!
Today I’m going to bootcamp this morning per usual. Philly pup is getting a haircut and I’ll go to Panera to do some work.
Enjoy your day!